If you feel like you might attempt suicide, or may have seriously harmed yourself, you need urgent medical help. Please:
- Call 999 for an ambulance
- Go straight to A&E if you can
- Or call your local crisis team, if you have their number
If you can’t do this by yourself, ask someone to help you.
If you can keep yourself safe for a short while, but you still need urgent advice:
- Contact NHS 111 if you live in England
- Contact NHS 111 or NHS Direct (0845 46 47) if you live in Wales
- Contact NHS 111 if you live in Scotland
- Contact NHS 111 if you live in Northern Ireland
- Contact your GP surgery and ask for an emergency appointment. Many GPs are now offering these remotely because of coronavirus.
- Contact a local urgent mental health helpline. These are only currently available in England.